The Vale of Avalon
A journey through time to visit Arthurian Legends, fascinating Cornish history & folklore.
Open - 10am - 5pm Wednesday to Sunday outside Cornish school holidays
Open - 7 days a week during Cornish school holidays.
CLOSED June 11th.
For Sat Nav use postcode PL32 9TT. Just 10 minutes from Tintagel and Boscastle.Get directions
Family Friendly Day OutHere at the Vale of Avalon there's something for all the family from den building, to seeing Arthur's stone as well as playing in our wooden fort, children will be kept amused.
For those looking for a more sedate pace we have our peaceful Muse Garden and a 500m walk through our fields, orchard and riverside trail passing our the newly uncovered Lady Falmouth's Secret Garden.
Well behaved dogs are welcome.
What you can see & do
- See the Camlann Battlefield
- View the 6th century inscribed 'Ogham' Stone (also known as King Arthur's Grave)
- Understand the history in our Indoor Exhibition
- Smell the flowers in Lady Falmouth's Secret Garden ( 18th century)
- Sit in our 'Muse Garden'
- Visit our newly planted orchard
- View the Remains of a 13th century longhouse
- See wildlife in it's natural habitat
- Walk the 500m route through woodland alongside the river
- Build dens from trees and twigs
- View our newly planted flower beds
- Have fun in our children's play area
- Have homemade tea & cake in our tearoom
- Find a trinket in our gift shop
What is the Vale of Avalon?
The Vale of Avalon is located at Slaughterbridge near the medieval market town of Camelford set in 16 acres surrounding 'King Arthur's Stone'.
Both the inscribed stone and battle are both dated by earliest stories to AD540.
Did you know - this site is the earliest identified site of King Arthur's last battle at Camlann? The area is also the earliest known reference to Avalon!
The Vale of Avalon is part of King Arthur's Cornwall Discovery Trail (which includes Tintagel (Castel Dyntagell), Dozmary Pool, King Arthur's Great Halls and St. Nectan's Glen.
We have many plans and projects underway so please check in every so often for updates (you can also follow us on Facebook and Instagram).